Need another simple FREE way to backup, and synchronize files between your computesr, email and phone?
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Dropbox is a cloud-based file-syncing service for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and BlackBerry. Dropbox uses cloud storage to enable users to store and share files and folders with others across the Internet using file synchronization. You can access your Dropbox storage via web, through a desktop client and through mobile apps.
Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, Dropbox then synchronises so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of the computer it is viewed on. Files placed in this folder are also accessible through other computers yopu have Dropbox installed on, through the Dropbox web site (under your account) and mobile phone applications.
Try ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 for FREE 30 trial
What is this Sync Stuff?
Drop a file into your Dropbox on one computer and it shows up almost instantly on all your other computers, be it at home or work. Uploads and stores it safely, you now uploaded and have a backup copy on Dropbox.
There are many useful ways to use Dropbox. The work that I do, I use it for and is very handy for the in home, on site computer repair work. All my computer repair utilities, programs, blank invoices, brochures are dropped into my Dropbox on my computer at home. I can easily access any of these files on site, at customers home by logging into Dropbox online via username and password and download the files, pdf’s, programs directly to the clients pc. So Dropbox is very portable.
Setup a “share folder” within Dropbox, and you can share files on Dropbox is via a “Link” feature, which lets you give the file to anyone , even if the person doesn’t have a Dropbox account.
Few different ways you can use Dropbox:
- If you “favorite” images or text documents on your mobile device using the Dropbox app, you can access those files later, even if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular service.
- Use Dropbox as Your Default Documents Folder
- Email Files to Dropbox as Attachments. If you create an account at SendToDropbox.com, you can send files to a custom email address as attachments. The files will automatically appear in your Attachments folder in Dropbox.
- Get More Storage — For Free. If you’re a free user of Dropbox, you can immediately access 2GB of space, but you can get more storage without having to pay for an upgrade.
- Maintain Firefox Settings Across Multiple Computers
- Upload Files to Dropbox via URL. URL Droplet allows you to upload links straight to your Dropbox folders.
- Back Up Your Website. With a service like Backup Box or a WordPress.org plugin, rest assured that your website is backed up.
- Backup your important data files to Dropbox
DropBox is Portable:
A great feature about Dropbox is also the fact that he is very portable, the files can be sync between Windows, Mac, Linux and Mobile.
Sign up, and get started with your FREE 2 Gigabyte Dropbox account today!
Just click the banner below:
Related Dropbox Apps:
Send To Dropbox - Send email attachments to your Dropbox!
URL Droplet - URL Droplet is a simple webapp that allows you to paste in the download link for a file and have it download straight to your Dropbox, so you can deal with later
10+ Best Apps For Your Dropbox
Another Similar Service:
Recommended Automatic, Safe Backup & Recovery Solution:
Carbonite offers unlimited online backup for your business for only $59.00/year. Try it free!
Looking for an easy, automatic and cheap way of keeping your important data on your computer backed up?
Looking for an easy way to recover your data anytime from anywhere if disaster strikes?
Hard drives do fail, data recovery companies charge a very expensive price for data recovery. Data recovery from these companies is not guaranteed. 50% of the computers repairs come in here with bad hard drives. 98% of these failed drives customers do not have any backup and have lost all there photos, documents and critical non replaceable data.