Laptop DC Power Jack Repair $89
Laptop no longer charge? Laptop power socket loose? Intermittent battery charge indicator? Common symptoms that the laptops dc power jack or power socket inside of the laptop is damaged or has lost power connection with the motherboard. About Us
When the laptops internal dc jack breaks, the laptops battery will no longer charge, and will not receive power from power cord. It is a very common breakdown, and known weak spot in laptops. Contact Us
Operating the laptop when having to position power cord (break in dc jack making contact) to get power can ruin the laptop beyond repair eventually. An intermittent power connection powers surges the laptops motherboard every time the broken dc jack makes power contact. This can eventually damage the electronics beyond reasonable repair. Customer Testimonials & Reviews
Laptop DC Jack Repair For:
Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, Acer, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, IBM, Lenovo, Asus, MSI, Alienware.
Lightspeeds PC – 2 DC Power Jack Service Options:
1. – Laptop DC Jack Power Repair NOW $89
- Laptops Power Cord Tested
- Laptop Dis-Assembly
- Internal Cleaning – Cooling Fan, Heatsink & System Board
- Power Jack Inspected & Power Tested
- Broken DC Jack De-Soldered Off System Board
- New Replacement DC Jack Soldered / Installed
- CPU Heatsink Cleaned & Polished
- Arctic Cooling MX2 Thermal Paste – 8 Year Durability
- Power Test Prior To Laptop Assembly
- Laptop Re-Assembly (When Applicable)
- Power Tested After Laptop Assembly
- Return Shipping For Shipped In Repairs
Service above is a full dis-assembly, dc power jack repair, internal cleaning – cooling modification while I have it opened up ($59 service included) & reassembly of the laptop by Lightspeeds Computer Repair.
2. – Or Carry / Ship Motherboard For DC Power Jack Repair $45
With this $45 laptop dc jack repair service, if you are inclined to do so, customer dis-assembles laptop, carries in or ships motherboard in for dc jack repair and re-assembles laptop with this option.
We replace (desolder / solder) the broken dc power jack on the laptop. Clean fan & heatsink, apply fresh thermal paste on processor and volt meter test new power jack to ensure motherboard is receiving power after new dc jack installed.
Parts – Labor Included
Note: If you have never dis-assembled, and reassembled a laptop before I don’t recommend it.
For it is very sensitive, meticulous time consuming work. One wrong move on re-assembly and you can damage the laptop beyond reasonable repair.
DC Power Jack – Completion Repair Time:
I stock DC Power Jacks for Most laptop manufactures & models.
1 – 2 Business Days: With replacement part on hand to repair your laptop or if it just a broken solder connection inside of the laptop.
4 – 7 Business Days: Estimated completion time when part needs to be ordered, shipped and delivered.
This is a home operated computer repair service, Please Contact To Schedule A Drop Off time.
Broken DC Jack Symptoms:
- Battery will not charge in the laptop?
- Laptop will not power on (no lights) with power cord only
- Laptops DC Jack socket coonection is loose
- Intermittent battery charge indicator in system tray?
- Battery charge indicator only shows when you hold cord plug to laptop in a certain position?
Why The DC Jack Breaks:
Any excessive lateral, vertical, horizontal pressure on the laptops internal power connector (dc jack) can weaken or break the power connection. Accidental abuse or even just plain normal use can break the solder joints that hold the dc jack to system board or break the dc jack pin internally.
- Laptop is dropped & lands on power plug side, jamming cord into the laptops dc jack.
- Power cord is tripped over as you get up from chair, which “yanks” the dc jack hard.
- Family pet runs by and trips over power cord, which pulls on connection.
- Tight fitting cord plug, which causes you to put excessive pressure just to plug cord in everyday, can weaken or break the solder joints on the dc jack.
- Not being careful when plugging or unplugging power cord.
- Normal everyday use can even loosen the laptops dc jack connection to the motherboard.
Laptop DC Jack Repair Warranty:
Lightspeeds Computer Repair provides a free 6 month limited warranty on all laptop dc jack repairs.
Accidental user damage to the dc jack is not covered under this warranty. Our dc jack replacement & soldering of the laptops dc jack will last a lifetime under normal use.
*** Prices Subject To Change ***
Location – Evans Augusta GA