Laptop DC Power Jack Jack Repair – Augusta GA
Laptop no longer charge? Is the DC Jack socket loose? Interminttent power / battery charge indicator in system tray? These are a few common signs that the laptops dc power jack, power port or power socket inside of the laptop is damaged or has lost power connection with the motherboard. Unfortunately, it is a very common breakdown, and known weak spot in laptops.
Laptop DC Jack – Power Jack Repair For:
Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, Acer, Toshiba, Sony, IBM, Lenovo, Asus, MSI, Alienware, Emachines.
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Service Questions
View, Download & Save Laptop Repair Service Pricelist PDF > Click Here
** Prices Subject To Change **
Lightspeeds PC Offers 2 DC Power Jack Service Options Below:
Laptop DC Jack Power Repair
$135 NOW $95
Parts & Labor Included
- Laptops Power Cord Tested
- Laptop Dis-Assembly
- Internal Cleaning – Cooling Fan, Heatsink & System Board
- Power Jack Inspected & Power Tested
- Broken DC Jack De-Soldered Off System Board
- New Replacement DC Jack Soldered / Installed
- CPU Heatsink Cleaned & Polished
- Arctic Cooling MX2 Thermal Paste Applied – 8 Year Durability
- Power Test Prior To Laptop Assembly
- Laptop Re-Assembly (When Applicable)
- Power Tested After Laptop Assembly
- Return Shipping For Shipped In Repairs
Service above is a full dis-assembly, dc power jack repair & reassembly of the laptop by Lightspeeds Computer Repair.
Carbonite offers unlimited online backup for your business for only $59.00/year. Try it free!
Or Carry / Ship Motherboard For DC Power Jack Repair $55
Customer dis-assembles laptop, carries in or ships motherboard in for dc jack repair and re-assembles laptop with this option. We repair, replace (desolder / solder) the broken dc power jack on the laptop. Volt meter test new power jack to ensure motherboard is receiving power after new dc jack installed.
Thanks to ecigs and the GREAT flavors at Mom & Pops Vapor Shop -
Mom & Pops Vapor Shop – 10% Off All E Liquids Using Code 10off
- 2 – 3 Business Days: With replacement part on hand to repair your laptop or if it just a broken solder connection inside of the laptop
- 4 – 7 Business Days: Estimated completion time when part needs to be ordered, shipped and delivered.
This is a home operated computer repair service, Please Contact To Schedule A Drop Off Appointment.
Broken DC Jack Symptoms:
- Battery will not charge in the laptop?
- Is the DC Jack socket loose?
- Intermittent battery charge indicator in system tray?
- Battery charge indicator only shows when you hold plug in a certain position?
Any excessive lateral, vertical, horizontal pressure on the laptops internal power connector (dc jack) can weaken or break the power connection. Accidental abuse or even just plain normal use can break the solder joints that hold the dc jack to system board or break the dc jack pin internally.
- Laptop is dropped & lands on power plug side, jamming cord into the laptops dc jack.
- Power cord is tripped over as you get up from chair, which “yanks” the dc jack hard.
- Family pet runs by and trips over power cord, which pulls on connection.
- Tight fitting cord plug, which causes you to put excessive pressure just to plug cord in everyday, can weaken or break the solder joints on the dc jack.
- Not being careful when plugging or unplugging power cord.
- Normal everyday use can even loosen the laptops dc jack connection to the motherboard.
Other areas of repair or unknown damage inside of the laptop, after dis-assembly of the laptop are not included in this DC Jack Repair price. For example broken plastic inside of casing, broken anchor screw mounts, broken hinges, cracked burned or shorted out motherboard etc. Until laptop is dis-assembled we have no way of knowing the full extent of the damage that can & sometimes happens to the surrounding area near the DC Power Jack.
Carbonite Online Backup, the choice is yours: $1500 hard drive recovery OR $59.00/year for unlimited backup – Choose the Carbonite Online Backup! Subscribe Today!
Laptop DC Jack Repair Warranty:
Lightspeeds Computer Repair provides a free 6 month limited warranty on all laptop dc jack repairs.
Accidental user damage to the dc jack is not covered under this warranty. Our dc jack replacement & soldering of the laptops dc jack will last a lifetime under normal use.
*** Prices Subject To Change ***